Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Hot Topic Baked Eyeshadow Swatches

I felt like paying special attention today to some of my sadly neglected baked eyeshadows. I really like how baked shadows become almost metallic in appearance when applied wet. However, since I rarely apply my eyeshadows wet, I hardly reach for them these days. Anyway, I think I've only stumbled across one blog that's reviewed these particular baked eyeshadows, so I thought I'd take a crack at it myself.




I've have these Hot Topic baked eyeshadows for some time now. I've seen them sold from around 3 to 6 bucks in stores, and for the price you get a good quality product save for the fragile plastic packaging. Pretty much the only thing that really irks me about them is I have no idea what they're named... I had to go to the Hot Topic website to check, and even then I'm not 100% sure if I identified them correctly.

Swatches were applied DRY on top of NYX natural-colored eye primer and photos taken in the shade:



From left to right: Teal, Electric Green and Copper (well, that's the best I could guess, anyway! D:)

They're a little more pigmented than my Hard Candy baked eyeshadows, but are somewhat more powdery. I bet if they were marketed under the Hard Candy name, they'd be a bit more well-known and popular. Regardless, these eyehsadows are a hit from Hot Topic's cosmetic line and worth trying out!

3 comments:

EsperMakeup said...

I've wondered about their eye shadows before, but just didn't get around to trying them. Thanks for the swatches!

SilhouetteScreams said...

These look really lovely, just my kind of colours. Great swatches! :)

Ugh I had to do the same thing with Inglot and identify my colours online because I threw out the receipt. I'm just hoping based on swatches that I identified them correctly :|

Kim said...

@Esper: You're welcome! I had the same curiosity about their shadows also. ^^

@Silhouette: Aww didn't know Inglot stuff was troublesome like that, I would never have expected that problem from a high-end brand!