Monday, April 25, 2011

Essie's Wrapped in Rubies + Hidden Treasure, drawings, and an 8-legged freak?

My poor neglected blog, how I've missed it! Aside from research and classes, nothing too profound has been going on in my life, but I'd like to give you all a little recap as far as what I've been wasting my free time on. I've got a lovely NOTD to share today among other unrelated things at least, so forgive me for my absence!

I finally painted my nails a color that doesn't suck the arse for a change. Behold, Essie's Wrapped in Rubies + Sally Hansen's Hidden Treasure. Love the iridescent flakes that shift from gold to green, shades that both compliment and contrast with the ruby red base.





Preeeetty.

And did you know that I enjoy drawing? Granted, I haven't for several months drawn a damn thing, but I've finally started something that I see some potential in. It's supposed to be some..anime-ish thing of my boyfriend and I. :3



And just because I'm in a sharing mood, here's a macro shot of a jumping spider of mine. Oh, uh... I guess I should've warned you, I tend to forget that most people think these guys are kind of gross, but I find this Phiddipus octopunctatus female to be very docile and... well, cute?



Yeah yeah, I know, I'll get back to makeup! ._.

7 comments:

thecandiedmango said...

Holy crap, that spiderthing is adorable. Those huge googly eyes look like they were pulled off a stuffed animal.

Cris said...

Love the spider picture ^_^!

Your nails & the manga too :). Welcome back to blogging :D.

Shannon Skylar said...

That nail polish is exceedingly cool. Obsessed! And i had to follow your blog because of the adorable spider...it's cute enough to be in manga :D
~Shannon
http://lipstickmakesthegirl.blogspot.com

Kim said...

Aww yay, I didn't know you guys liked spiders. ^^ I'll take more photos of 'em sometime!

Phyrra said...

This is a great combo ;)

Mandy said...

Oh my gosh. I need that nail combination on my hands, right now! It's so pretty... T_T

just Jennifer :3 said...

ahh! inlove with nails <333 you give me inspiration haha xD i have to do my nails too x3 love your blog! :D