Monday, January 10, 2011

Tokidoki Robbery Palette - Review and Swatches

Tokidoki has offered an adorable array of cosmetics last year, and to me the Robbery Palette is THE must-have set! It includes 3 separate palettes combining 4 eyeshadows and a blush/bronzer in each, a keepsake tin and a magnet. If you're a sucker for cute and colorful packaging, Tokidoki never disappoints--and neither does the makeup!




The tin (and the magnet which I forgot to take off, whoops~)



The inside of the tin - and the three palettes



Here you can see the interior of the palettes, featuring Tokidoki characters caught behind bars!

Swatches
(all are swatched on bare skin without primer)




Royal Pride
All very lovely, pigmented shades, and I have no problem utilizing all four colors in a look with little difficulty. My favorite palette of the three! Lion Papa is a copper, Savana a golden yellow, Ercolino a tangerine orange and Bulletto a dark chocolate brown. They kind of have a metallic quality in their finish. The cheek color, Royal Pride, is subtle on my fair skin, but I generally shy away from shades that aren't pink or coral.




Arlecchino
This palette boasts the brightest shadows. Saya is a bright lime green. Candy Cane is a shimmery white. Ninja Dog looks blue that's startin to shift violet, and is noticeably more sheer than the other eyeshadows. Meteo is a deeper blue. I don't really care for two blue-ish shades in one palette, and it puzzles me that Ninja Dog's pigmentation is lacking. The blush, Momobella, is my favorite of the three in this set. Soft pink with shimmer!





Rapina

This palette features dark shades. Liberty is a blackened teal green, Bullets a cool metallic silver, LA Gun a midnight teal, and Adios is a matte black with bits of silver glitter. I'm sure these shades would really pop with a proper primer, but dark shades just haven't been my thing lately, so I've yet to try them in a look. The blush, Polpettina, is a medium pink with silver glitter.

This set is currently still available at Sephora for $39 (it was previously $49!). Seriously, if you've been waiting on getting this palette, now is a great time to do so.

3 comments:

Cris said...

Thanks for the extensive review, these are simply lovely :).

Heather / Eyeconic said...

I have absolutely no need for this AT ALL and it would just be ridiculous for me to get it, but I waaaant it!

Kim said...

Cris: You're very welcome! ^^

Heather: Haha, I was in the same boat too, but this was actually a gift. XD Otherwise, I would just oogle at pictures of it on other people's blogs.