Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Drugstore hauledge! Hard Candy Goodies and Maybelline Fit Me! Foundation

Drugstore haulage! Woo, haven't done one of these in aaages. There's a lot of new Hard Candy products I've been wanting to try, and I've been on the search for a liquid foundation (particularly Cover Girl's Natureluxe Foundation in Sandstone or Dune, as those are yellow-based). Well, found some Hard Candy goodies, but I was out of luck finding my shade of Naturaluxe, so I opted to try out Mabelline's new foundation, Fit Me.

The goodies:



Hard Candy Hide & Glow Duo Cheek Tint in Pillow Talk
Hard Candy 1000 Lashes Fiberized Lask Weave Mascara in Lush Green
Hard Candy Glamoflage Heavy Duty Concealer in Medium
Hard Candy Just Nails nail color in Mr. Wrong and Beetle
Maybelline Fit Me! Foundation in Buff Beige (130)


I've just tried a few of these products, so here are my initial thoughts:

Hard Candy Hide & Glow Duo Cheek Tint in Pillow Talk ($6)

Pros: Two cream blush shades for 6 bucks is a great deal and I'm a sucker for Pillow Talk, which has two girly pink shades.

Cons
: Feels... greasy/waxy. I do NOT like how my skin feels with this stuff on. The color is also very sheer, and I can't imagine even attempting to layer this on my face. Ewies.

Am I liking it?: Hell no, this has to be the worst blush I've ever tried. :/


Hard Candy Glamoflage Heavy Duty Concealer in Medium ($6)

Pros: Wow, great coverage. This definately does the job! I had a bruise on my leg and this totally concealed it, haha.

Cons: Not the right shade for my face... in fact, it just doesn't have a hint of warmth to it. What's really disappointing is the color selection... three shades? Is this a sick joke?

Am I liking it?: I'd love it if only there was one in my shade. I may keep it and see if I can use it better in conjunction with a different concealer I have.


Maybelline Fit Me! Foundation in Buff Beige 130 ($8)

Pros: Nice, smooth application, and I love that the formulation is pretty light. I don't need a lot of coverage so this foundation suits me just fine. Doesn't have a bothersome scent to me. Offers SPF 18 (which I guess is better than nothing..)

Cons: Can't find a perfect match; I'm just too yellow-toned for most drugstore foundations. This shade is pretty close though.

Am I liking it?
: Love it so far! I'm just a little worried that it may be a little too dewy for my oily skin, however.


Hard Candy 1000 Lashes Fiberized Lask Weave Mascara in Lush Green


Pros: Yay, the color shows up! It's a nice mid-tone green. I applied this mascara after putting on a coat of black mascara, however. I've read other reviews stating that the fibers flake off with this mascara, but with the way I applied it, I didn't have that issue.

Cons
: Kinda makes my lashes chunky when I layer it over my other mascara, but my lashes are stupid and difficult to work with by default. It will take a few more tried to improve my application of this product for sure.

Am I liking it? Tried it once, haven't had any major issues as of yet. Certainly not my favorite mascara as far as ease of use goes, however.

Anyone else try these products? What are your opinions of them?

No comments: