Thursday, December 16, 2010

Buxum Stay-There Eyeshadow - Swatches and Review

I've been dyyyying to finally try these eyeshadows I got for my birthday over two weeks ago, but with classes, research projects, finals and the occasional meltdown plaguing me, I've had so little time to play. So despite being horribly stuffed up with the flu (what ISN'T wrong with me these days?),I went swatch happy as it was pretty and sun-shiney today.



The Buxum Stay-There Eyeshadows boasts vibrant, lively, water-proof colors that don't smudge or crease (so they claim). These are just too cute to pass up with their adorable doggie theme--each color is represented by a different breed. I picked up Schnauzer, Shih Tzu (I must have mis-typed that about 5 times in a row) and Mutt.



These cream eyeshadows are housed in a sturdy glass container with a secure screw-on top. They contain 3.5g of product.



Yes, they are cream eyeshadows. But what's AMAZING about them is their very unique texture--they feel like you're touching soft, spongy marshmellows. I've never experienced a texture quite like this from any eyeshadow I've tried before. They are extremely smooth and easy to apply.



Swatches! The shadows are shimmery and blend out smoothly, but take a little longer than I'd like to set before they become smudge resistant. I wore Mutt on top of a primer and it held well, but did eventually crease a little on me after 6+ hours of wear (which is typical with anything I wear really).

They're pricey for my budget, $17 each, but as they were a birthday present, my wallet has no complaints. ^^

5 comments:

Heather / Eyeconic said...

Oh my gosh, these are so pretty. The texture sounds like it's similar to the Maybelline dream mousse concealer I have.

Kim said...

heather: Ooooh, really? Count me intrigued by that concealer now, haha.

SilhouetteScreams said...

These are gorgeous! Especially Shih Tzu - though my dog is part Shih Tzu so I couldn't not like it XD Is it like a mousse texture? Or spongier than that?

Shaimaa said...

Wow!
They look like dream to me loved shih tzu Its really great so clear and bold

Kim said...

Silhouette: Hmmm, I'm not sure if I've ever felt a mousse texture so I can't really say, but it is certainly very spongy! ^^

Shaimaa: It's a very beautiful color. I really must take pictures of it with a look. :3