Saturday, February 20, 2010

Aromaleigh Rocks! Swatches

So here we are, swatches of some of my most favorite colors from Aromaleigh's Rocks! line. Aromaleigh Rocks! eyeshadows are some of the brightest you'll find in indie makeup. However, it's important to note that these shadows aren't made purely with natural minerals; in order to produce these vivid shades, organic dyes are incorporated into the formula.

Anyway, on to the swatches! And silly me, forgot to mention that these swatches are done dry and without a base.



Group shot of all the colors I swatched. As you can see, it was a bit cloudy outside so these swatches aren't in full sunlight, but not in full shade either.



Planetearth: subtly shimmering intense primary blue with pink sparkles
Moonagedaydream: exquisite deep teal blue with gold shimmer
Brownsugar: sugary sweet rosy brown with green and blue shimmers
Dirtydeeds: deep burgundy red with opposing blue and green sparkle shimmer




Dominion: a spectacular indigo blue accented by dark gold glimmer
Stillinhollywood: rich, dark amethyst purple with sparks of gold and copper throughout
Flowersofromance: delicious rosy hue with a punch. Blue-green glitters
Velvetgoldmine: terracotta redux with glam golden sparkles




Doubledare: deep greyed purple with intense green sparkles
Shadowplay: teal green iridescent glitz fades to the blackest black
Rockbottom: deepest darkest sinful brown with dark indigo blue sparks
Slowburn: velvety rich chocolate with deep copper tones and purple sparks




Downwardspiral: deep dark burgundy with hot golden sparks
Blackangel: midnight black... with innocent pink highlight sparkles


While the line carries plenty of vivid mattes with sparkle, I tend to gravitate to their more shimmery colors that possessed the unexpected contrasting sparkle. These are definitely worth checking out.

8 comments:

BLIX said...

I have most of those and they are gorgeous! Great swatches. :-)

Nea/ Fashioned in Finland said...

Thank for great swatches! Stillinhollywood is my favorite, amazing color <3

Maggie said...

Wow, they're gorgeous! Lurve Shadowplay and Rock Bottom. Great swatches. ^^ Makes me wanna get some Aromaleigh stuff. I wish to see FOTD's soon, Kim! ;)

Lillian Funny Face said...

So pretty! I have a huge amount of these but oddly only a few that you've got! Now of course i feel i need more :P

Lisa Kate said...

Gorgeous swatches!! I've got even MORE I want to order. Flowers of Romance is one of my favorites!

Kim said...

Blix: Awesome! You're very welcome. ^^

Nea: I looove Stillinhollywood, it is probably THE favorite shadow I own. I can't imagine that a reformulation would make this color even better, but I'm looking forward to it!

Maggie: Rockbottom is so versatile... but then again, I'm partial to browns. I will do my best to take record of a pretty fotd just for you! ;D

Lillian: Bwahaha, I don't think it's possible to have too much! Indulge, it's a great time to expand on your collection with the sale going right now. ^^

♥ 熊貓girl ♥ said...

Thanks for following me ^^

priincess said...

THOSE ARE SO NICEE! : ) amazing colours, perfect for springg!