Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hard Candy mini haul

So today I swung by the local Wally Mart in search of glitter nail polishes and to see if I still had a chance of stocking up on Max Factor's 2000 Calorie Mascara. I was TOO LATE. Max Factor is officially no more, sadness~

In Max Factor's place, however, was the Hard Candy line.. the likes of which I've heard of every so often but never opted to give a damn about because they just happen to use the same name as the title of a story I've been working on since a few years before I even heard of this brand, the jerks. Speaking of Hard Candy, there's a movie that goes by that same name that's pretty interesting if you like psychological thrillers. Don't I love to go off-topic~?

Ah well screw it all, I picked up some stuff anyway.



I really like the packaging of their baked eyeshadow duos.. but not so much their eyeshadow palettes that come with a little tube of eyeshadow primer. I didn't have too many choices going for me as the stand was half empty, so three baked shadows was what I could salvage from the mess of unorganized, misplaced and previously opened products. These duos are $6 a pop, a little pricey but I just can't help but gravitate to new (and shiny!) things. Except their nail polish.. $5 each, are you effing kidding me? Christ are the bottles butt-ugly to boot, I actually cringed looking at them. D:

I feel sad that none of my swatch pics turned out good, so sorry, no swatches today! But I can assure you that the pigmentation on these shadows are pretty good. ^^ I'll probably try grabbing up some others once they have their more popular colors back in stock.

12 comments:

Sara (The Makeup Snob) said...

I love the packaging too!! I cant believe max factor was gone just like that! I knew it was coming... but I thought it would transition...

Sofie said...

Oh, we still have max factor is Sweden! So... I could get you some if you wanted and needed! Hehe
And the eyeshadows look fab!

❤ »Twee. said...

I love hard candy Cosmetics! ^_^
Sadly we don't have any within Australia =(

Great blog btw =)

Nea/ Fashioned in Finland said...

Hi Kim! Please contact me:

fashionedinfinland@gmail.com

I have something for you ;)

:) Nea

Kim said...

Sara: Same, I was expecting a slow phase-out. But it's all, here one day and gone the next, wtf. :<

Sophie: That's awesome! If you're up for it, I'd love to swap sometime ^^

Twee: Aw! I barely even heard of their line until just recently, and I'm liking what I've tried from them so far. Thank you very much for the compliment ^-^

Stephanie said...

I tagged you!

☆Anastacia☆ said...

These eye shadows looks so cute! Very lovely colors as always you get!

Jian said...

Waoooh! The packaging is really nice! And me too, I've never bothered to give hard candy a chance, I keep seeing it around but nothing really appealed to me...

☆Anastacia☆ said...

Hello Kim! Just stopped to say HI and thanx for visited me )

Angela said...

love the packaging and the color looks really pretty.

And Im a new follower and love your blog.

http://sparklemidori.blogspot.com

Citrine said...

Five dollars for the nail polish...wow, I can get brand new China glaze for much cheaper in ULTA...

Niki said...

I love your blog so much!